As a discerning bamboo rod maker you can’t avoid this book. 356 pages of up-to-date bamboo knowledge. It is an eye-opening experience regarding several myths about splitcanes.
Professor Walter Liese
Editors: Walter Liese & Michael Köhl • 2015 • Softcover • 356 pages • 156 illustrations
The editor is the 92-year-old pioneer of bamboo research Professor Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. Walter Liese, who’s publications about bamboo anatomy are still cited in almost every new paper on this topic.
1. Bamboo Taxonomy and Habitat
2. Priority Species of Bamboo
3. Morphology and Growth
4. Resources, Yield, and Volume of Bamboos
5. Bamboo Silviculture
6. Pests and Diseases of Bamboos
7. Harvesting Techniques
8. Properties of the Bamboo Culm
9. Preservation and Drying of Bamboo
10. Utilization of Bamboo