- The lid and base are UV stabilised polycarbonate, the same material used to make police riot shields you can stamp on it or hit it with a hammer and only leave cosmetic damage.
- The nylon latch was made thicker than would be common to achieve a stronger part without the need for glass fibre reinforcements, which make recycling at end of life problematic.
- The hinge pin is 304 stainless steel. A grade used widely for marine applications due to its resistance to corrosion.
- The ripple it’s self is silicone, which has been designed to flex only within its material limits meaning it should never loose grip. Silicone is also described as ‘self-healing’ meaning it can tolerate being ‘hooked’ without trouble.
- Finally, all of the parts are assembled using only high tolerance press fit. Therefore, there are no glues that will come loose if the box gets hot in the sun or wet in the rain.
Customers also purchased